In Big Sur, safari password overlap 1password

Options
markljf
markljf
Community Member

As shown in this picture, i can hardly choose the password in 1password while I would like to use some passwords in apple keychain.
Mac version: big sur
1password version: the newest one

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @markljf

I'm sorry to hear about the conflict. I'm not sure what we can really do about that, other than turning off either the macOS Password AutoFill feature or 1Password > Preferences > Browsers > Automatically show inline menu when selecting a field. Because these UI elements operate in a very similar manner, it seems they're going to overlap if both are in use. I would recommend turning off the inline menu option in 1Password for now.

Thanks!

Ben

• markljf
    markljf
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply. Would you mind handling this UI display issue in the future version.

• Ben
    Options

@markljf

I'm not sure what else we could really do here beyond either turning off our UI or turning off Apple's, both of which are already possible options.

Ben

• mboerma
    mboerma
    Community Member
    Options

This new Autofill feature stick out like a sore thumb.
    1. It's look is so different from the normal OS elements is, to my taste, no nice.
    2. It blocks the view on certain parts of pages which is making it unusable or counter productive.
    3. It would have been nice if 1Password would offer to this feature during post install setup. Now many, many people have to start looking to solve this issue of dual Autofill feature.

• jonmoss
    jonmoss
    Community Member
    Options

The UX for this is not stellar to say the least...

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

The good news is if it is not beneficial to you, or to your taste, it can be turned off:

1Password > Preferences > Browsers > Automatically show inline menu when selecting a field

:)

Ben

• mboerma
    mboerma
    Community Member
    Options

As I said it should not be turned on by default if it is so intrusive. Not everybody is so agile and clever with computers. But well, it is not my product. Just trying to give a little feedback.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @mboerma. :)

Ben

• MichaelTeeue
    MichaelTeeue
    Community Member
    Options

Agree with others. This is not really thought trough. “Well, just turn it off” is not really a way to improve the UI. I’d recommend going back to the drawing board.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the feedback @MichaelTeeue :+1: :)

• stefantimm
    stefantimm
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure, if this helps, but maybe a workaround:

If the cursor is in the first box for the credentials (usually username or email), I right-click and select "Show 1Password mini".

Safari stuff goes away and I can select from the list of matching 1Password credentials.

What do you think?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the suggestion @stefantimm, this is certainly also a possibility :+1:

This discussion has been closed.