Update existing password on iOS

Options
ibrahiemk
ibrahiemk
Community Member

Hello,
Is there a way to have password changes detected in iOS when I manually type in a password? Example: I changed my google password. When logging in on iPad, 1password has the old password. I type in the new password in the google field, but 1password doesn’t ‘see’ it. Hope that makes sense.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Update existing

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ibrahiemk! Welcome to the forum!

I am not aware of a way to do this on iOS the same way it's possible on macOS or Windows. Desktop apps can rely on the 1Password browser extension to do this, but 1Password for iOS uses the Autofill feature in iOS instead.

On iOS, the procedure needs to be a bit different: instead of changing the password directly on the website, you should change the password directly in 1Password, and then fill it on the website.

• ibrahiemk
    ibrahiemk
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for reply! This answers my question and provides the work around. It would be nice if there was a way to edit the entry from the auto fill prompt rather than having to launch the actual app and do it there. Thanks again!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ibrahiemk:

I am sure our developers are always on the lookout for future iOS feature that we could use to improve 1Password, so this is certainly something that we can keep monitoring :)

This discussion has been closed.