1Password asking for master password multiple times per day

Options
Tribruin
Tribruin
Community Member

This morning i upgraded two computers to 1Password v7.7. One computer is running macOS 11.0.1 (Big Sur) and the other computer is running 10.15.7 (Catalina). I enable the "Unlock using Apple Watch" on both computers I am seeing that I am being required to enter my master password instead of being able to use TouchID or AppleWatch to unlock. I have confirmed that both computers have "Require Master Password ever" set to 1 week, which is the default.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.0.1 & 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Tribruin!

Are you prompted for the Master Password in the main 1Password apps, or in the browser extension?

• Tribruin
    Tribruin
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana ,

It is happening both places. I filed a support case yesterday. Here is the number if you can follow-up: HHP-97215-324

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Tribruin:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system, and I see that my colleagues are already helping you over there :+1: I will let you continue the discussion via email.

ref: HHP-97215-324

• jfkile
    jfkile
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Tribruin and @ag_ana: I see the same behavior with 7.7 on two Macs (both the browser and the main app). It was finally enough for me to search.

• biggitybilly
    biggitybilly
    Community Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

yes! same here. it's driving me nuts. only been happening since upgrading on Mac to version 7.7. @ag_ana - can you please advise how to rectify please?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jfkile, @biggitybilly:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• jfkile
    jfkile
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana - I just sent the report. The ticket number is [#PAK-94425-273]

Thanks,

Jim

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options