Problem Signing In To Chase Account - Safari "Fill Code" and 1P Conflicting

HFTobeasonHFTobeason Junior Member

Watch this video:

https://app.box.com/s/gs8wsuensr0kluq2velq1gqtbvw0jbji

Safari Version 14.0.1 (16610.2.11.51.8)

1Password Version: Version 7.7 (70700015)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.0.1 (20B28)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaronag_yaron

Team Member

Hey @HFTobeason ,
    Thanks for the video.

I'm not sure if it's 1Password causing this, or Safari's built-in "fill code" mechanism, or even the website itself. We'll need to test this.
    Please try disabling Safari's autofill and see if things work correctly: https://support.1password.com/disable-browser-password-manager/

Does the password field stays populated after autofilling with 1Password?

• HFTobeasonHFTobeason Junior Member

Thank you for your reply. I do not have Safari's autofill on (and never have):

And no, as you can see in the screenmovie, it looks like clicking the 1P selection to autofill the password field fills it for an instant, but then something erases it...

• ag_yaronag_yaron

Team Member

Thanks for the additional info @HFTobeason ,

We need to get to a scenario in which only 1Password injects itself to the page, so we need to disable that text message autofill popup. Can you please disable that, then test and see if the field is still being cleared when you autofill with 1Password?

• HFTobeasonHFTobeason Junior Member

I have no idea how to disable the Security Code AutoFill in Safari. I did try turning off Text Message Forwarding on my iPhone, which should prevent Safari from getting the AutoFill, but then I couldn't figure out how to force the Chase website to ask for the 2FA code again. And yes, I did delete all cookies. So I don't know how to recreate the exact situation that demonstrated the issue, sorry.

• ag_yaronag_yaron

Team Member

Hmm, That's unlucky.

perhaps it has a certain timeout in which it will forget you. Give it a day or two without logging into Chase's website, then try again and see if it does ask you for an sms verification.

Thanks for sticking with me while we try to figure this out :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file