Is there a way to "opt out" a particular saved site from Watchtower alerts?

Options
josepk
josepk
Community Member

For example, Speedway.com only allows for up to 8 digits in their password (digits only, no alpha characters) - not very secure. Watchtower has flagged it as such, but there's nothing I can do to change my password to something more secure.

Is there a way to tell Watchtower to NOT flag this saved password as "Vulnerable" and "Weak"?

Thanks!

Joe

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @josepk!

At the moment this is not possible, but our team is considering how to improve Watchtower notifications, and I know that this is one of the things that have been brought up before ;)

• josepk
    josepk
    Community Member
    Options

OK - please add my request to the list. I think it would be very helpful to remove what I would consider "false positive" from Watchtower. In some cases, there's nothing a user can do to change a weak password due to the site's restrictions.

Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@josepk:

OK - please add my request to the list.

Done :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#130

• Nebes
    Nebes
    Community Member
    Options

Even better, does 1Password ever "lobby" websites with misguided security requirements, such as the OP's? It would be really neat for there to be like a "developer relations" team within 1P to liaise with user-identified organizations that aren't using best practices.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Nebes:

We don't reach out directly, but we try to inform as much as possible on our blog. See this post for an example:

An open letter to banks

This discussion has been closed.