1Password Mini menu bar button stopped working on my MacBook

Options
alexhoskins
alexhoskins
Community Member

The Mini menu bar button suddenly only works if the main 1Password app is open and active at the front. If its closed or i am using any other app the menu bar button just flashes blue and does nothing.

have searched for help in the forums etc but cant find anything

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.6 (70600006) Mac App Store
OS Version: Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19H15)
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:mini not working

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alexhoskins! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please try updating to 1Password for Mac version 7.7 and see if this works on the latest version?

• alexhoskins
    alexhoskins
    Community Member
    Options

How do I update? The app store says im up to date on 7.6 and wont offer me 7.7

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@alexhoskins:

If you are using the Mac App Store version of 1Password, you will have to wait for Apple to review and approve the update, as usual. It usually takes a few days, and then you will see an available update for 1Password directly in your Mac App Store app.

If you would like to be able to install an update as soon as we release it, you are welcome to switch to our website version of 1Password :+1:

How to install the 1Password app from 1Password.com after installing it from the Mac App Store

• alexhoskins
    alexhoskins
    Community Member
    Options

Ok thanks, thats very good to know that thats possible!

Can you explain what the pros and cons of using the App Store version vs your version are please? And does it matter if i change but the rest of my colleagues keep on using the App Store version?

Thanks for your help with this.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@alexhoskins:

Updates are faster if you use our website version since that doesn't have to go through Apple approval's process, but that is the difference really. Where you install from is mostly a matter of preferences.

If your colleagues use the App Store version and you use the website version, you should not see any difference in behavior :+1:

This discussion has been closed.