Problem with Google authenticator and 1Password

Options
couet
couet
Community Member

I have the following issue:

My 1Password account is under a Two-Factor Authentication at login time. So when I login on the web I enter (in order):

1) may email
2) Secret Key
3) master master password

all is fine until that's point.

Then I click " sign in" and I am asked the 6 digits for the 2 Two-Factor Authentication.

I used to go to the google authenticator app on my iPhone to find the 1Password 6 digits. But now is the problem:
I have changed my iPhone and for some reason the 1Password entry in the authenticator app is lost .... so I cannot
login to my 1password account ... 😒 ...
Do you have an idea/recipe to fix/go around this issue ?

Many thanks in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• couet
    couet
    Community Member
    Options

any idea ?

• peawee
    peawee
    Community Member
    Options

Which browser are you using ? try logging in with the browser in the app ! See if you can see the 2fa options there , then turn it of then back on .

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @couet!

If this is the only browser where you have ever signed into your 1Password account, you can try disabling 2FA from the apps. If you have added your 1Password account to a Mac or another iOS device and you can sign into your 1Password account on that device you can turn off 2FA there -

==Mac==
    Open and unlock 1Password on Mac.
    Select 1Password > Preferences > Accounts. Click your account, then click Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication.

==iOS==
    Open and unlock 1Password on iOS device.
    Tap Settings > 1Password Accounts. Tap your account, then tap Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication.

Please be sure you have the latest version of the apps.

• couet
    couet
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana,
    That's was the trick ! many tanks !
    Olivier

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @couet! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.