1P 7.7 & Sierra = Chrome/Firefox extensions not working?

Options
theboyk
theboyk
Community Member
edited November 2020 in Mac

I have a couple users who are on Sierra (macOS 10.12)—they were prompted for updates today from 7.6 > 7.7 and installed and now their Chrome and Firefox extensions don't work (I've remoted into their machine and reinstalled, rebooted, etc.). Works fine in Safari, but not in Firefox or Chrome (neither of them use Safari, either).

Just noticed on the 1P download page that 7.7 requires High Sierra—so, gotta assume that has something to do with it? But, if 7.7 isn't compatible with 10.12, why did it prompt for the udpate? Any way to downgrade to 7.6 on these machines?

Thanks,
Kristin.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: 1Password for Business

Comments

• theboyk
    theboyk
    Community Member
    Options

Just an update, I downgraded the users to 7.6 (grabbed 7.6 via the Release Notes page) and everything is working again. Definitely seems to be a conflict with macOS 10.12 and 1P 7.7 with regards to Chrome/Firefox extensions.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @theboyk

Could you please upgrade one of these to 7.7 again and then send us a diagnostic report? Instructions can be found here:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/578080/#Comment_578080
    • Your forum username: theboyk

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

P.S. Officially 1Password 7 requires macOS 10.13+, however I suspect there is something more going on here. System requirements for 1Password

This discussion has been closed.