I have been pawned (with one of my emailadresses). What to do now?

Options
rlfsoso2
rlfsoso2
Community Member

Hi,
I have been informed by "https://haveibeenpwned.com/" that one of my email addresses has been pawned.

I have been using 1password for a long time already (vs 3 I believe).

I wonder what to do now. Should I check every single instance, where I used the email in question and change either email address or password? Is there any way to do this with the help from within 1Password to make this easier?

Thanks a bunch!

Cheers Rolf

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1password
Referrer: forum-search:I have been pawned (with one of my emailadresses). What to do now?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rlfsoso! Welcome to the forum!

I wonder what to do now. Should I check every single instance, where I used the email in question and change either email address or password?

You should change the password for the specific login that was compromised, it won't be necessary to change the password for every login that uses that email address. If the compromised login is indeed your email address, you should start from there, by changing the password of your email address.

If you do have reasons to believe that other accounts using that email address were also accessed or compromised, then you should consider changing those too.

Is there any way to do this with the help from within 1Password to make this easier?

Yes, the 1Password browser extension can help you with this:

Change your passwords and make them stronger

This discussion has been closed.