New login creation no longer allows for entry of login website

Options
verdi1987
verdi1987
Community Member

Prior to v7.7, creating a new login manually allowed you to step through entry of username, password, and website (and possibly the other fields, but I do not recall). Those three fields are the minimum requirements of any login.

However, with the new password generator, creating a new login only allows you to fill the username and password fields. There is no place to put the URL. Instead, the user must first save the login, go to the newly saved login, edit it, insert the URL, and then save it again. That is not streamlined.

Please restore the website field for new logins. It is a required field for any login.

Am I perhaps missing a way to insert the URL without first saving the login?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 14.0.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @verdi1987!

If I try to create a new login item in 1Password for iOS, I am still seeing the website field:

What happens to you when you tap on the return keyboard button after entering the password in a new Login Item?

• verdi1987
    verdi1987
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana,

Thank you so much! I do see it now. After generating the password, it was not obvious to me to go back into the password field in order to proceed to the website field.

Below is the view after generating the password. It looked to me that I had no other option than save.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@verdi1987:

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear that things are working as expected :)

This discussion has been closed.