How to reset Keyboard Shortcuts?

mfisher911
mfisher911
Community Member

I wanted to change the "Fill Login or Show 1Password" keyboard shortcut to Option-Command-Backslash (the Cmd-\ global conflicts with Emacs). I went into Preferences, clicked to record a shortcut, and pressed option-cmd-backslash. I got this error message:

My preferred outcome would be to set the shortcut as specified. I would settle for being able to reset the keyboard shortcuts entirely.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 70600006 (MAS)
Extension Version: 7.6
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7
Sync Type: 1password
Referrer: forum-search:How to reset Keyboard Shortcuts?

Comments

• mfisher911
    mfisher911
    Community Member

I tried:

defaults delete com.agilebits.onepassword7 "ShortcutRecorder BrowserActivation"
    defaults delete com.agilebits.onepassword7 "ShortcutRecorder GlobalActivation"

I fully quit 1Password (from the Menubar icon) and relaunched, but it appeared to have no affect: the Preferences pane still says "Click to record shortcut" for "Show 1Password" and "Fill Login or Show 1Password".

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mfisher911! Welcome to the forum!

I wonder where the Cmd+C shortcut is coming from, if you are trying to record another one. Can you please post a screenshot of the Preferences tab under 1Password Preferences > General?

• rudy
    edited November 2020

@mfisher911,

The keyboard shortcuts are probably also in the preferences file in the ~/Library/Group Container/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits/Library/Preferences/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.plist file.

• mfisher911
    mfisher911
    Community Member

Thanks, @rudy! I fully quit 1Password, removed that file, and relaunched. After this, the original settings were back in place.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for letting us know @mfisher911! And on behalf of rudy, you are welcome :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.