Trying to generate new password for new login on iOS, but I can't copy newly generated password

joaniekenney
joaniekenney
Community Member

Hi, I am trying to use 1password to generate passwords for new login sites on iOS, but when I hit the plus sign for either password or new login and the app generates a password - I can't copy that password to use it as a login. I find myself using the same password over and over because I can't figure out how to use a password generated by 1password.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 14.2
Sync Type: cloud
Referrer: forum-search:Generate password ios

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @joaniekenney! Welcome to the forum!

If you save the login or password item first, are you able to copy the password then?

• joaniekenney
    joaniekenney
    Community Member

Hmm, I didn’t try that:) I also just found the iOS safari trick where you can access 1Password directly from the browser instead of opening the app separately. I haven’t had a chance to use it, but I’m guessing it will make things a lot less frustrating. I feel kind of silly, I’ve used 1Password for multiple years, yet had no idea about that feature until I started searching for solutions to this problem. Thanks for the tip - I’m guessing that’s an easy fix to my issue.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @joaniekenney! And indeed, using 1Password directly in the browser is a much nicer experience :)

This discussion has been closed.