Newbie: before starting using 1Password - Autofill on Android questions

I have been using another password manager for many years.
Regretfully it does not autofill on my Samsung S10 when using a 3rd party browser, like Chrome, Samsung Internet Browser.
Autofill works only when using the password manager’s own browser.

Am considering to switch, but before doing so, I’d like to ask a few questions.

My Samsung is running on Android v10 and of course the latest version of Chrome (today v86).
Believe having read that Chrome is preferred over Samsung Internet Browser.
(thread: “1Password and Samsung Internet Browser”)

Now, I would proceed as follows: on my desktop PC
1. exporting data from my current password manager,
2. uninstalling it
3. installing 1Password and importing the data

then on my smartphone:
5. remove the current password manager

then what?
Where can I find how to proceed and how to have 1Password autofill, or at least offer to fill, whilst using Chrome (on my smartphone)?
Am I supposed to change something settings somewhere so as to make it work properly?

BTW On my desktop (Windows 10 x64) I am using Edge.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• periperi

Team Member

Hi @Marcel2. Thanks for reaching out!

If you launch and unlock 1Password for Android, and tap Settings > Autofill, are both Autofill and Accessibility turned on there?

• Thanks for your response.

I am sorry for not being entirely clear: I should have added that I have -not- yet installed 1Password.
    I am considering doing so.
    Have read quite a number of reviews, but most of them are about how password managers in a Windows environment.

Usually password managers work fine on a Windows PC, but that may not always be the case once it comes to Android and browser integration.

Reason for my asking.

Example: on my smartphone I might receive a notification (like from this forum), I click on the link and then need to log in. A windows shows up with empty fields. Will 1Password then step in and offer to fill in?
    The password manager that I am currently using, doesn't and there is no way to get that fixed, hence my search for an alternative.

Thank you!

• ag_audreyag_audrey

Team Member

Hey @Marcel2, thanks for the clarification!

When using 1Password on your Android device, 1Password will offer to fill in your Login information for you. You can see visual examples in this support guide: https://support.1password.com/android-filling/.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

• Ah, right!
    Thank you very much indeed.
    Will check this out.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Sounds good @Marcel2, let us know how it goes :)

• Sadly, right now, I am stuck at the start of installing 1Password.

I created a forum account, so as to ask the above questions first.

After launching the setup, it reported that an account with this email already existed.
    I then tried using my forum credentials, but a Secret Key was required. Obviously I don't have that.
    Have meanwhile sent an email and am waiting for a reply.

• ag_audreyag_audrey

Team Member
    edited November 25

Hey @Marcel2, thanks for reaching out to us via email! A 1Password member will get back to you soon, and we can continue from there.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file