unlocking 1PasswordX in Firefox Mac

Options

I have two problems with 1PasswordX on Firefox for Max. First, 1PasswordX always locks when I quit Firefox. Is there no way to prevent this? i have the "Automatically Lock" preference turned off. Second, I cannot unlock 1PasswordX with a key command. When I type the key combo, nothing happens. I changed the key combo to something else, and nothing happens. I'm starting to get tired of these behaviors. I sue 1PasswordX for Chrome, and have no such problems. I'm not using Firefox v. 83.0.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 1.22.3
OS Version: OS X 10.15.7
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @siplhium!

I have two problems with 1PasswordX on Firefox for Max. First, 1PasswordX always locks when I quit Firefox. Is there no way to prevent this?

Because 1Password X runs within the browser, quitting the browser will also lock the extension. I am not aware of a way to prevent this.

Second, I cannot unlock 1PasswordX with a key command.

What keyboard shortcut are you using at the moment?

• siplhium
    siplhium
    Community Member
    Options

Initially I was using the default, whatever that was. When that didn't work, I went to Command-Shift-X.

• Hey @siplhium. To clarify, is your keyboard shortcut working now, then? If you change it back to the default of Command-., does that work?

• siplhium
    siplhium
    Community Member
    Options

no. Why would it suddenly start working if I change it back?

• It's possible that there was a conflict with the shortcut and resetting it would let 1Password X use it again. Do you have any other extensions installed in Firefox that might be sharing this same shortcut?

This discussion has been closed.