Automatic lock

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Prevent timeout lock?.

Comments

• senioruserfriendly
    Options

I have the same problem with X on my Mac. My screen is different. I've set mine to 180. Strangely I could never delete the last digit to update it and twice it reset itself to 10 mins. But it ignores the time I set. And the onlines ystem just logged me out also. I had to log in three times to post this.

• Hey @senioruserfriendly. Do you have any settings in your browser set to clear cache/cookies upon closing the browser? It's possible something in the local storage is getting wiped out and resetting your timeout preference.

Regarding this,

But it ignores the time I set. And the onlines ystem just logged me out also. I had to log in three times to post this.

Can you walk me through your exact setup and steps? Are you closing your browser at any point? Your sign-in status to the 1Password Support Community is not related to the extension settings, so if you're being signed out here, then that sounds like your browser might be wiping out cookies?

• senioruserfriendly
    Options

In 1pwdx for firefox
    click 1 icon
    click cog (partially hidden by annoying bell icon)
    click once again on the cog for settings, which takes me to the online version
    change the time to 180 minutes
    exit, come back and verify
    click heels together saying, "there's no password manager like 1password."

• Hey @senioruserfriendly. Could you please answer this question? :smile:

Do you have any settings in your browser set to clear cache/cookies upon closing the browser? It's possible something in the local storage is getting wiped out and resetting your timeout preference.

Are you still seeing the timeout setting itself change? Just to be clear, if you completely close your browser, then it is expected behavior that 1Password will lock, regardless of the idle timeout setting you choose.

This discussion has been closed.