1Password mini unresponsive

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Cannot Unlock 1Password in Safari (1Password 7.7).

Comments

• milo431432
    milo431432
    Community Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

I have the same problem since the new 1Password 7.7 app and extension. Autofill and the extension no longer work for me in safari.

I have tried:

• restarting 1 password
    • rebooting my mac
    • reinstalling 1password

It seems as if the 1password helper becomes unresponsive. If I reboot and start 1password the icon in the menubar is still working (shows the search dialog). If I open Safari it still works but when I navigate to a website with a login it becomes unresponsive. The 1password in Safari (toolbar and in the inputfields) also do not respond. Sometimes I see the 1password unlock button but it also does nothing.

In my system.log I see below error multiple times but I am not 100% sure it is related.

com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.WebContent.3416): Path not allowed in target domain: type = pid, path = /Library/Apple/System/Library/StagedFrameworks/Safari/SafariShared.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.Safari.SearchHelper.xpc error = 147: The specified service did not ship in the requestor's bundle, origin = /Library/Apple/System/Library/StagedFrameworks/Safari/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.WebKit.WebContent.xpc

Sometimes it's also not possible to quit 1password completely:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @milo431432! Welcome to the forum!

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• milo431432
    milo431432
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ag_ana,

Thanks for the quick response. I was able to 'fix' my problem by downgrading to 7.6. Everything works fine again. No that I have everything working again I hope you can understand I am not in the mood to upgrade to a non-working 7.7 again to create that diagnostics report for you. I do appreciate your offer to help though!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@milo431432:

We always recommend keeping 1Password up-to-date for security reasons, so while downgrading is a short term solution, please consider upgrading to the latest version in the future.

This discussion has been closed.