Privacy.com error on Safari

Options
lucasd
lucasd
Community Member

I signed up for the Privacy.com integration. When I select "Create a Privacy Card", a dialogue window pops ups saying "Click OK to fill your 1Password item on commerce.adobe.com". When I click OK, the same window pops up again, ad infinitum. I have tried reloading the page several times. What shall I do?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.0.1
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• lucasd
    lucasd
    Community Member
    Options

I just tried from my PC and it worked. So this appears to be an error with 1Password on Mac

• lucasd
    lucasd
    Community Member
    Options

One further note: Clicking "Cancel" also simply leads to the same dialogue window popping back up.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2020
    Options

Hi @lucasd

Could you please let us know which web browser this is happening with? Additionally, what is the version of the 1Password extension installed in that web browser?

Sorry; I just noticed you included the fact that you're using Safari in the title of the thread. Could you please do the following for me?

1. Reproduce the problem. Cause the dialogue to pop up. Note the time that this occurs.
    2. Generate a diagnostic report for us following these instructions

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/117092/privacy-com-error-on-safari#latest
    • Your forum username: lucasd
    • The time you noted in step 1 above when you reproduced the issue

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Thanks!

Ben

• lucasd
    lucasd
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Ben. Fortunately (or unfortunately for debugging purposes), I couldn't reproduce the problem. Everything seems to be working now. Could it be that Safari needed to be quit and reopened after creating my Privacy.com account? Or maybe just a fluke...

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @lucasd. I suppose either of those are possibilities here. I haven't heard other reports like this, but we'll certainly keep our eyes and ears open. Hopefully if it ends up being something others are seeing we can track down a way to reproduce it, so our development team has a starting point for fixing it. If you see the problem again please let us know.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.