Multiple Credit Card Options in Safari

Options
hawkmoth
hawkmoth
Community Member

My brief attempt at searching didn't run up what I'm looking for, so here goes. Until I began using version 7.7 a few days ago, I had not been using 1Password to enter credit card information on web pages. But with this version, whenever I click on a credit card field while ordering, I am presented with a selection of options by 1Password. This could be very helpful, but...

My issue is two fold. One is that several options for the same card are showing up, with no way to distinguish between them. And some of the options contain old information for expiration dates and security codes, so they result in incorrect entries on these web sites. There is only one record for this credit card in my 1Password vault, yet old information is still being presented to me in Safari. I can only tell that old information is offered is to fill a web page and notice that the information is wrong. Is there a way to reduce these multiples? And to make sure that I'm seeing the correct, up-to-date information?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7
Sync Type: 1Password Accoount

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I should have mentioned that I do not have anything like passwords being saved into Safari directly.

• @hawkmoth,

One option for cleaning that data up would be to delete the credit card items you have already if they have stale information in them and use this as an opportunity to enter the information into the page and choose the "save in 1Password" menu item in the inline menu; it should prompt you to save that credit card.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for that, although I can't figure out why 1Password even has stale information in the first place. Do you know why I'm getting four instances of the same card?

• @hawkmoth,

do you have copies of the card in multiple vaults? the contents of the menu is "All vaults" unlike 1Password mini the inline menu does not restrict its display to the active vault. It displays items from any vault you have enabled under Preferences -> Vaults -> All vaults.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

That was it! And the record in a shared vault was not up to date, accounting for the outdated fill-ins.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @hawkmoth :)

This discussion has been closed.