Secret Key is from deleted account

djeerd
djeerd
Community Member

I lost my Master Password so I deleted my account. I repurchased 1 Password and used the same email address. When i download the app, I cannot login using my new Master Password. When i look in properties under account, I see my email address but the Secret Key is not the from the new account, its from the old account.

How can I download the app with the current new Secret Key?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• djeerd
    djeerd
    Community Member

I cancelled my account when i forgot my Master Password. I resigned up with a new account and used the same emial address. I download the Mac app and cannot login. In preferences under account, my email address is shown with the original secret key. therefore i cannot login to the app. How can I download the app with the current secret key?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @djeerd! Welcome to the forum!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent us an email with the same question. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: CYG-13736-924

• djeerd
    djeerd
    Community Member

I forgot my master password so I cancelled my account and repurchased it. I created a new account with same emial but the app keeps using my old secret key not my new one.

I log into 1 password.com and download the app for Mac. The app shows my old secret key, not my new one. This I cannot login ot the app

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

I see that my colleague Brody is helping you via email already, so I will let you continue the conversation over there :+1:

This discussion has been closed.