"Related items" are not displayed, attachment files not found...

Options
yukii
yukii
Community Member
edited November 2020 in Mac

Hello,

I subscribed to 1Password version 7.4.1 in December 2019 to upgrade from version 6.8.9.
So, I changed from iCloud sync to 1Password account.

I didn't save the attachment files in half a year.

Today, I learned that "Quick Look" can view files in the Finder. At that time, I wanted to see what would happen except for PDF files.

Then I couldn't find any other attachments. And, old "Related items" are not displayed. But, there are many files (folder) in the attachments directory. com.agilebits.Attblahblahblah....

Previously, I have attached the license ZIP file, does not appear. I think many attachments are not linked. Maybe, I can't see the attachment files used in version 6.8.9.

Do you have any solutions?

Many thanks in advance,
Yuki

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.6
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• yukii
    yukii
    Community Member
    Options

Anyway, when I notice, there aren't many attachment files in the vault. Sorry I'm not good at English... (T_T)

• yukii
    yukii
    Community Member
    Options

I checked the vault on my old Mac. Old vaults have attachment files. After upgrading to version 7, migrated 1Password account vault has no attachments. Do I have to find the attachments one by one and attach them to my new Mac? Because there are a lot of number of items, I'm very confused.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @yukii

Do you still see the files in question (e.g. the PDF invoice for Little Snitch) in the Documents category in 1Password?

Do I have to find the attachments one by one and attach them to my new Mac?

Normally you would not have to do that, no.

Please let me know.

Ben

• yukii
    yukii
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben

I can't see in Documents category of 1Password. Maybe, the old attached files before migrating the vault to 1Password account I can't see.

Only Documents category attached after migrating to 1Password account sync is displayed.

I found the attachment files when I switch the primary vault of 1Password v6.8.9. It's a vault that isn't currently in use. Like the new Mac, old Mac synchronize with 1Password account.

Thank you for your reply,
    Yuki

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@yukii:

I see your vaults in the screenshots, but not the Documents category. Do you see this in your 1Password for Mac app?

• yukii
    yukii
    Community Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

Hi @ag_ana

Yes, I can see Documents category in 1PW account sync. But, there are only 8 attachment files at 1PW account. I can't see the attachment files after migrating to my 1PW account. Maybe, I can only see the files attached with 1PW account.

I don't remember how I migrated Primary vault to 1PW account sync. What i can think of I stopped iCloud sync first for migrating to 1PW account. And, I think I migrated from version 6.8.9 Primary vault to 1PW account because version 7 doesn't have a Primary vault.

For example, Little Snitch's attached invoice-obde.PDF file I posted on November 25th here, I can't see in Documents category. The previous attached files migrating to 1PW account sync isn't seen. There are many other attachment files that I can't see in 1PW account sync.

1PW6 Primary vault is an unused vault after migrating to 1PW account now.

Below are images of new Mac (1PW7) and old Mac (1PW6).

Regards,
    Yuki

This discussion has been closed.