Option to completely disable in-browser popup

Options
DarkDust
DarkDust
Community Member
edited November 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

The new in-browser password popup is a nice idea and looks good, but I'd like to have an option to disable it completely.

First, I think it's a security problem: a website can fake this dialog, you have no way to see whether this popup is part of the website or "external". The popup at the 1password icon next to the URL field of the browser does not suffer from this problem, it's obvious that this dialog is not part of the website and it's thus secure to enter my password.

Second, on Safari, it conflicts with the native dialog (which I also think is not a good thing), and produces this:

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2020
    Options

Hi @DarkDust! Welcome to the forum!

You can disable this option in 1Password Preferences > Browsers tab, and unchecking the Show inline menu in Safari option.

• DarkDust
    DarkDust
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, thank you very much. I did check these options but I didn't realize what that option should represent. (The German localization for that option is a bit clumsy, IMHO, even though it's "correct"; I recognize it's hard to translate something like this. Icons/images might help here.)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @DarkDust! I am glad I could help :) And we can definitely see how we can keep improving additional translations, so thank you for the feedback about that as well :+1:

This discussion has been closed.