1Password suggest window covering Chrome suggest...

Aycox
Aycox
Community Member
edited November 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

The 1Password password suggest cover the Chrome suggest box. For various reasons, in my work as developer, I want to access the Chrome suggest menu. It's nearly impossible as both suggest windows disappear if pressing Esc, clicking outside the input field or selecting in the 1Password suggestion.

Is it possible to include a tiny suggestion box close button so that the Chrome suggestion is revealed? Or a key combination?
This would be a great feature that would me and probably a good deal of other developers. Can this be included? If this question is a duplicate (despite my searches), then please point me in the right direction.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.22.3
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Aycox! You should be able to both open and close the 1Password X inline menu by clicking the 1Password icon inside the field. Can you give that a try and see if it allows you to use the Chrome dropdown underneath?

• Aycox
    Aycox
    Community Member

That works. My problem now is that the Chrome suggestions appear in front of the 1Password suggestions. When I click the icon, I can see the drop shadow appear and disappear behind the Chrome suggestion box (I saw that in another thread in this support forum). Don't know if that came with an update of Chrome or 1Password or it's working differently for a certain site...
    Anyway... I can totally live with the Chrome suggest box appearing in front of the 1Password one, since I can make a selection in the Chrome selections and it will disappear. Then I can click on the 1Password icon and get the 1Password suggestions.
    I'm happy. :)
    If I find the site/s that are causing trouble, I will add a comment with the correct URLs.

• Hello @Aycox,

Thank you for being understanding. We generally don't recommend users to keep browsers' built-in password manager since it could interfere with 1Password's work. That being the case, I recommend you try these steps to make 1Password the default password manager and let it do the filling for you.

Right-click the 1Password X icon on Chrome's toolbar > Settings > General > Turn on the "make 1Password the default password manager" option.

• Crofton77
    Crofton77
    Community Member

@nhat_1P The problem with doing that disables the autocomplete for normal text box which is frustrating.

A simple solution would be to put password suggestions box above the field not below it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the suggestion @Crofton77 :+1:

This discussion has been closed.