Apple watch unlock not working for me?

Options
Qutrit
Qutrit
Community Member

Hello! I have an iMac 2017 retina that I unlock with my apple watch. I have 1password 7.7 installed. However the option to unlock with the watch does not show up on preferences/security.

Am I missing anything obvious? I really would love to be able to unlock with my watch.

Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Qutrit

Unfortunately the 2017 iMac models are not compatible with this feature due to lack of a Secure Enclave. Apple didn't start including a Secure Enclave in iMacs until 2020. A full list of compatible models can be found here:

https://support.1password.com/apple-watch-mac/

I'm in roughly the same boat unfortunately. My primary machine is a 2015 iMac that I significantly over-specced for my needs so it is still in great shape. It too does not have a Secure Enclave and so I'm unable to unlock 1Password on it using this feature. So I understand your position.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ben

• Qutrit
    Qutrit
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply! Ah sad to hear! I guess I'll have to wait until I get a new mac :).

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. Sorry to not have better news.

Ben

• wmetzger
    wmetzger
    Community Member
    Options

I´m wondering, that I can unlock my iMac 2017 and my MacBook Pro 2015, but not 1Password withe the Apple Watch.
    It would help a lot for me if 1Password could be opened automatically with the login.

Regards
    Wolfgang

This discussion has been closed.