1Password Extension for Chrome popup doesn't appear when plugin icon is clicked

Options

When I click on the plugin icon, it usually will suggest a password based on the address of the site that I am on. Instead, it displays information about the plugin that I would expect on a right-click.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin and restarting the browser. That did not change the behavior.

Environment
Google Chrome 86.0.4240.198
1Password for Mac v7.7

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: web

Comments

• Hello @komrad,

Thank you for the screenshot, it seems like the 1Password app has a tough time communicating with the 1Password extension due to a pending process after a new update. In this case, please try these steps to see if we can bring 1Password back or not and go from there.

1. Please open 1Password app => Preferences => Browsers => Make sure that you turn on "Always keep 1Password extension helper running" option. If that option is on, you can close Preferences => Click on Help (On the 1Password menu bar on top of your computer) => TroubleShooting => Restart 1Password Extension helper.

2. Right-click on the 1Password mini icon in the menu bar at the top right corner of your computer > select “Quit 1Password Completely” > Quit all browsers > Restart your computer > Try 1Password again

• komrad
    komrad
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the t/s instructions. It issue is on my employer's corporate laptop, which I won't use until next Monday. I'll try the t/s actions then.

• @komrad,

Please take your time and keep me posted on the progress at your convenience and have a great weekend.

This discussion has been closed.