Feature request: PIN entry type

Options
vladimir_aubrecht
vladimir_aubrecht
Community Member

Hi,

as original thread was locked for discussion, I'd like to continue here as I think it ended up in a way original request was misunderstood.
Original thread: https://1password.community/discussion/104570/feature-request-pin-entry-type

Problem
When storing PINs, I have option to create custom field as a password field.
Into such password field I can store my PINs, but this goes with WatchTower mis-interpreting security of such "passwords".

All PINs in my 1Password are reported as NOT secure as they tend to be 4 digits codes, which are mostly reported by HaveIBeenPwnd as leaked. This puts me as a user into position, that WatchTower is reporting me plenty of false positives and I can do nothing about it except of deleting my records from 1Password ... 😕

This is wrong behaviour as:

• PINs are related to physical device.
  • PINs have very limited amount of tries.
  • PINs are very often restricted in maximum length (typically 4 digits).

Expected behaviour
Possibility to have sensitive custom field which is not monitored by WatchTower for security purposes or it's taking into consideration that it's PIN and not password ...

Usa cases

• Home/company alarm systems
  • YubiKey or smartcards
  • Government IDs
  • BitLocker PINs
  • Windows PINs

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @vladimir_aubrecht!

Apologies for the late reply here, your message seemed to have slipped through the cracks somehow! I just wanted to let you know that I have passed your feedback to the developers. We are looking at ways to improve Watchtower in the future, so your examples and use cases will definitely be useful :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#130

This discussion has been closed.