Unknown mess - I think

Gordon101
Gordon101
Community Member
edited November 2020 in Families

Tonight while doing some maintenance, my wife created a new Vault - just a place to temporary store logins that we will delete. The new vault did not sync to my computer or iOS devices - but the items my wife moved to the new vault did disappear from our Shared vault on my computer & iOS devices.

My wife and I use only a single Shared vault.

When trying to figure this out, I discovered my wife's Mac has a version of 1PW that according to the About 1Password menu is from the Agile Bits store. Mine is from the Mac App store. At one time we both had versions from the Mac App store. Both computers are version 7.7. My build number is

1Password 7
Version 7.7 (70700016)
Mac App Store

My wife's build number is:

1Password 7
Version 7.7 (70700015)
1Password Store

How do we both get the same version of 1PW which hopefully will solve the syncing problem.

We are in the subscription program if that matters.

Also I checked my wife's iOS device and the new vault does appear on her iOS device.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Gordon101
    Gordon101
    Community Member

Syncing problem solved - this thread can be closed.

We were had forgotten that when new vaults are created, there is a "Manage Access" system which controls which family members get the vault.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @Gordon101! I am glad to hear that you managed to sort things out already :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.