Only 4 multi-purpose form fillers and Right-click filling

Hi, newbie here. LastPass (not now) had the useful ability to create Identities with multiple custom fields. I needed only four (e.g. one with "everything true", one for competitions, one with everything fictitious, one for online purchases). Credit card details were repeated in some. Indeed, it would be possible to use one to fill in forms with many many questions.
Over time I had built them up and, almost the only thing to do was RIGHT CLICK on a page, scroll to an appropriate ID & click "FILL", type into a few blank fields, check everything and [Send]. If the title of a field was a little different in different forms e.g. for the 3 digits on the back of a credit card might be CCV or CVV I could create customs.
Before I trial 1Password, I see at least NINE categories of form fillers whereas I would like only my four. Is it possible to make it what I thought was always a beautiful system with LP?
I would be using with W8.3 on PC, on a chromebook and Android phone.

Thanks and keep well.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:form filler custom fields

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2020

Hi @OzWazza! Welcome to the forum!

Before I trial 1Password, I see at least NINE categories of form fillers whereas I would like only my four.

Can you please clarify what you mean by "nine categories of form fillers"? Feel free to post a screenshot if it's easier. Thank you!

• OzWazza
    OzWazza
    Community Member

Woops and Hi ag-ana. I meant nine. Down the LH column, under the Categories heading I see a long list. Thinking further I guess that they are not all form fillers as they might be in the Identities. My hope is that the IDs can be set up as just 4 multi-purpose ones.
    Keep well

• OzWazza
    OzWazza
    Community Member

I went ahead & got 1Pwd for Windows and it launched ok. Step2? in it prompted to [Open] 1Password X for chrome browser, but I do not see the icon on my extensions bar. If I click the browser MoreTools and look in Extensions I see it. I have tried installing it again & also turning it off then back on but do not see it. That removes other extension icons from the bar and makes them come back, but not 1P X. How do I get to see it please?

• OzWazza
    OzWazza
    Community Member

Things are not looking good for me now. I clicked Identities & then (+) and see a list of categories for them. I want only 4 categories with a couple embracing most of the data that would be in all of them so that if I could fill almost every field any form would contain and not have to click more than one identity. If a chosen ID could not fill a field then I would add to it if that field cropped up again.
    If 1Pwd had the ability to detect fields that it could not fill, then add them to an ID for user completion you would have a valuable thing.
    You may have gathered that I have a self-diagnosed and self-named medical condition called formfilleraphobia, and if you could see my typing skills you would know why. >_<

Ultimately I would like to be able to complete a government census form with one click, but realistically I don't expect that to ever happen :'(

Keep well

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@OzWazza:

Thank you for the clarification. The ones you see in the app are the built-in categories, but you don't need to use them all if you don't need them. Simply create an Identity item and fill the details of the Identity item (which you can also customize with new fields and sections as you see fit).

in it prompted to [Open] 1Password X for chrome browser, but I do not see the icon on my extensions bar. If I click the browser MoreTools and look in Extensions I see it. I have tried installing it again & also turning it off then back on but do not see it.

Have you set the extension to show in the extensions bar? You can do so by clicking on this icon in your Chrome browser:

• OzWazza
    OzWazza
    Community Member

Thx ag. I didn't know that weird icon was for that. Also tricky that if you go into More tools and switch off an extension it goes out of the toolbar but goes back if switched back on, That is different to unpinning from the toolbar which requires use of that jigsaw-piece icon to restore. You have educated me.
    Back to the drawing board.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @OzWazza! For what it's worth, I think this is a recent change in Chrome. Until some time ago, as soon as you installed an extension it would show up there, but with the latest changes it looks like extensions are hidden by default.

• OzWazza
    OzWazza
    Community Member

That's what I thought too so my dementia is not worsening. Has anyone told you you are extremely wonderful ag?
    You might be Canadian. If you know Tom Gallagher a.k.a. Carver Tom

who is behind your famous old maple tree project, say Hi from Warren. He's a mate in Toronto & we correspond often. Go the BlueJays!
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@OzWazza:

Has anyone told you you are extremely wonderful ag?

Thank you for the kind words! :D

• OzWazza
    OzWazza
    Community Member

Hi ag_ana. I have cancelled my trial subscription. I found that 1password cannot import Identities from Roboform. I had sent years adding Custom fields to them and was not prepared to start over.

Keep well and have a happy festive season and New Year.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @OzWazza ,

We're sorry to hear that. If you ever wish to give it another try, we'll be happy to help you with it from start to finish.
    Happy holidays!

This discussion has been closed.