my.1Password.com Edge Android - 1Password can't verify that Edge should have access to your account

Options
GarethW22
GarethW22
Community Member

On a few sites, I've noticed that Edge on Android isn't always recognised as a browser, and is treated as a standard app instead, so you get the message - 1Password can't verify that Edge should have access to your account

Screenshots show the behaviour in Chrome (1Password shows up as an available login) versus Edge (nothing shows up as an available login, you then have to search and link it manually, which gives the prompt)

Chrome

Edge

This does happen on other websites too - this is with both Accessibility and Autofill enabled. On my.1Password.com it seems to happen most consistently if you've already been logged in previously, and it's just asking for your password to re-log in.

If you do link the account to Edge as an app, it then works, but if there are multiple websites that have this problem, they all get the password linked to Edge the app (rather than a site within the Edge browser) and they will all then show up within Edge for multiple sites.

1Password Version: 7.7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 11
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @GarethW22. Thanks for reaching out. Can you please fully exit Edge by swiping it closed from your recent apps list? Wait a few seconds, and then relaunch it. Do you see the same behavior after?

• GarethW22
    GarethW22
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I just tried that now, it still behaves the same

• Thanks for trying that, @GarethW22. I'm not able to reproduce this on my end, so it doesn't look like a bug in 1Password. Let's try this.
    1. Launch 1Password, tap Settings > Autofill, and turn Accessibility off and back on.
    2. Force quit and relaunch 1Password.
    3. Force quit and relaunch Edge.

Let me know if that helps!

• GarethW22
    GarethW22
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @peri I tried those steps, and even rebooted my device for good measure. Unfortunately I still get the same issue in Edge.

It doesn't happen when on the original login screen, i.e. what you see when you attempt from 'cold' (with email, secret key and password fields). But when the site has remembered login details, like in my screenshots I see the issue. Do you get the different behaviour in those two situations?

I will also keep an eye out to see if it happens on other sites, I have seen this happen before but this is the only one I noted down so far.

• ag_audrey
    edited December 2020
    Options

Hey @GarethW22, thank you for the clarification between the two situations.

I'm able to reproduce the issue once I log in, sign out, and try logging in again. As you mentioned, the same issue does not happen on the original login screen, which is where Peri was attempting to reproduce the issue I believe.

I've gone ahead and reported this issue to our developers. If you see or recall any other sites with the same behaviour in Edge, please let us know.

In the meantime, please use another browser or use the 1Password app directly to access your 1Password data :)

ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#1342

• GarethW22
    GarethW22
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_audrey

I've since noticed this issue on ebay.co.uk in Edge also. Again, it's a similar scenario, if you're on the login screen with both username and password, 1Password prompts the site correctly. However, if you're returning to log in, where the site has remembered your username and is just prompting for password input, you get the same issue.

• Hey @GarethW22, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I've passed this along to our developers as well.

If you see any other sites with the same issue, please let us know.

ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#1342

This discussion has been closed.