Suggestions blocking "submit" button + Can't undo Suggestions => "Hide on this page"

Options
swineone
swineone
Community Member

Let me preface this by saying the new Safari integration is, in general, an excellent idea. However, as would be expected for an initial version, there may be issues.

I have some pages where the suggestions dropdown blocks the "submit" button, and I was unable to find a simple way to dismiss the suggestions just once.

For one page, I clicked on "Suggestions" and then "Hide on this page", thinking it would only hide once, due to a brain fart. Now this page seems to be gone forever, and I've unsuccessfully searched everywhere for a place to undo this. Under "Preferences" of the main 1Password app, under the "Browsers" tab, there's an "Autosave" option, with the wording "Detect new usernames and passwords and offer to save them", and underneath, "(except on the following domains)". I'm looking for something similar, but for the suggestions feature instead.

Looks like someone had a similar issue with 1Password X. However, the suggestion given there, to restart the browser, didn't help in my case -- suggestions are no longer shown in that page even after a browser restart.

So, how can I undo "Hide on this page"?

1Password Version: 7.7 (70700015)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @swineone!

Can you try restarting the 1Password app instead of Safari? Try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? The inline menu should appear on the webpage again now.

• swineone
    swineone
    Community Member
    Options

That fixed it, thank you.

By the way, is there a way to dismiss the "Suggestions" dropdown? Like I mentioned, in this particular webpage, it's blocking the "submit" button. So if I want to fill in a different password that's not stored in 1Password, I can't get to the submit button.

• JCormac
    JCormac
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, is there a way to completely dismiss the "Suggestions" dropdown? I find it very annoying.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@swineone, @JCormac:

If you want to disable it on a specific page, you can use the Hide on this page button. If you want to disable it in general, you can do so under 1Password Preferences > Browsers tab > uncheck Show inline menu in Safari.

This discussion has been closed.