1password not filling on www.wm.com (Waste Management)

Options

In both the 1password X extension on Chrome and on 1password on Safari the login on this website won't fill from 1password. I believe it did in the past and this is a change fairly recently? Maybe Waste Management changed the coding on their site?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• mrbeign
    mrbeign
    Community Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

Something that I noticed that DOES work is when I bring up the login and then from either the extension (for chrome) or the Mac app if I select auto-fill it will then fill in the username and password. However just clicking on the login or password field itself on the web page and selecting my login won't fill in the fields.

This is when using the login dropdown from the top right of their website.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mr_beign – Super interesting! It's quite inconsistent for me, but 1Password is filling the other login form on the page whenever it doesn't fill the login form in the top right. You can see what I mean in the gif below. The first time, it filled correctly. The second time, it filled the login form in the middle of the page.

When taking a look at the HTML, both login forms have the exact same htmlIDs, so it seems like 1Password is taking a gamble on which one to fill. However, when I fill the login form in the middle of the page (rather than the popup in the top right corner), it fills that form. Can you try using the inline menu to fill the login form in the middle of the page? Let me know if you have any better luck.

• mrbeign
    mrbeign
    Community Member
    Options

@Kaitlyn Thanks for taking a look. Your explanation on how they coded the site makes sense and probably explains the weird inconsistencies. If I remember to only use the login within the webpage instead of the dropdown it seems to work every time, I just did some testing.

I seem to recall that there is another site that gives me similar troubles when trying to have the login fill in however I can't remember the specific site. If I come across it I'll have to see if that site also has an additional login somewhere on the page.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mr_beign – You're welcome! Please do share that other URL with us if you end up thinking of it. There are such a variety of ways to code a website that it could be a completely separate issue. We're always happy to take a look for you and see if the behavior can be improved on our end, though. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.