Why the 1P Extensions (in safari or in menu bar) never show the Apple ID?

patrice_hof
patrice_hof
Community Member

The only way to get my Apple ID is to launch the 1P Desktop App and copy-paste the ID and password. Is it a configuration problem, a bug or a limitation of the app? Thank you for the answer

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: osx 11.0.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:apple id

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @patrice_hof!

I have just tested the Apple ID website and I was able to login to my Apple ID without having to copy and paste the credentials from 1Password. What exactly do you see when you visit that website?

• patrice_hof
    patrice_hof
    Community Member
    edited November 2020

On the Apple ID website, 1P doesn't suggest any credentials, even if they are defined within the app...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@patrice_hof:

Thank you for the screenshot! (I have removed your second one for your privacy since it included your personal email address).

The dropdown menu is showing up for me on the https://appleid.apple.com website:

Since I cannot see this from your screenshot, can you confirm what the exact URL in Safari is?

• patrice_hof
    patrice_hof
    Community Member

yes, it's exactly this url

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@patrice_hof:

Thank you for the confirmation. It almost looks like 1Password was told to hide the inline menu on this page. Do you remember choosing this option? If you don't remember, you can reset this list by quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunching it. Does the inline menu show on the website now?

• patrice_hof
    patrice_hof
    Community Member

I've found another way for fixing the problem:
    I deleted the Apple ID record within 1P and I created a new record, with the same credentials, and all is ok now! Apple ID website recognizes me!
    Thanks for your help

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @patrice_hof :) And for sharing the suggestions with the community :+1:

This discussion has been closed.