Moving items is confusing. Settings are confusing. Navigation is confusing.

Options

Every time I have to move an item from one vault to another, I spend 10 minutes looking for the "Move" feature. I do not expect "Move" to be under the export icon. Also the export and star icons don't even look clickable, unlike most of the buttons on the page which are blue.

I never know how to find the settings I want. Are they in my Profile? Settings? Details? Oh wait, there's a Settings page that you can only get to by clicking through the browser toolbar icon, which is different from the other Settings page that you get to from the page where you edit logins.

I really want to like 1Password, but I find all the navigation super confusing. It's not clear how to get in between all the different places you can end up in - drop-down menus, dialogs, settings pages, vaults, etc. 1Password X also bounces you between the 1Password website and the browser extension pages in a confusing manner. Someone needs to map all the paths out, try make them make sense, and test them with real users.

1Password Version: 1Password X 1.22.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.11, Firefox 78.5 esr
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @emclain!

Thank you for the feedback! I will be happy to pass it to the developers. In the meantime, have you considered using the 1Password for Mac desktop app? Certain actions, like moving items between vaults, are maybe more intuitive there. But if you prefer to do everything in the browser extension, that's a perfectly valid approach too :)

• emclain
    emclain
    Community Member
    Options

I am currently using both the desktop app and 1Password X. I think I tried out the "standard" browser extension and found it didn't work as well as 1Password X, but I don't recall the details.

That is another thing that's confusing... the distinction between 1Password X and the regular browser extension, and what's the roadmap... are they going to merge at some point? Like some others I am eagerly awaiting the integration between 1Password X and the desktop app, but then the existence of the other browser extension becomes even more questionable...

• emclain
    emclain
    Community Member
    Options

And of course your messaging says "1Password X is the best way to experience 1Password in your browser". 90% of my password needs are in-browser.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@emclain:

That is another thing that's confusing... the distinction between 1Password X and the regular browser extension, and what's the roadmap... are they going to merge at some point?

I think in the future we will only have one extension, and it will be more similar to 1Password X than to the older one. If you have tried the new Safari extension, you might have noticed that 1Password X is the direction it's going ;)

And of course your messaging says "1Password X is the best way to experience 1Password in your browser".

That is true :+1:

90% of my password needs are in-browser.

I agree. For the remaining 10%, the 1Password for Mac app is your friend :)

This discussion has been closed.