Not suggesting the right records to choose from

vfreitas
vfreitas
Community Member
edited November 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

I sended to my phone a installation of one program in Google Play Store. It shows my logged gmail address (I have several) and then asks me for the password, I click in the 1password icon and it suggests me the password of my first gmail account and several other records not related with google accounts. Shouldnt it suggest all my google accounts?

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: 1.22.3
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 2004 version, OS 19041.630
Sync Type: Firefox 83.0 64 bit

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @vfreitas,

Could you please clarify, are you trying to use 1Password on your phone (if so, which model?) or 1Password X (version 1.22.3) on your Windows PC?

Please let me know, so I could understand how to proceed. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

• vfreitas
    vfreitas
    Community Member

Not in the phone, in the Windows PC.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@vfreitas:

Thank you for the confirmation. What is the exact website that you are visiting on your Windows PC, where this happens?

• vfreitas
    vfreitas
    Community Member

As I said, in the Playstore da Google. I selected a program to be installed (remotely) in my phone, it showed my default email and asked for password. 1Password suggested my first gmail email address and several other records not related with google.

• vfreitas
    vfreitas
    Community Member

Another problem, here in the 1Password community, when I wrote my answer, it asked for sign in, I open 1Password, fulfilled 1Password record and it fulfilled only the password, not the login (email address), but here maybe I have to look at my record because I think it is accessing my 1Password record and not the 1Password community record that I think I do not have

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@vfreitas:

1Password suggested my first gmail email address and several other records not related with google.

Are you able to give us step by step instructions to reproduce this, if this is still happening to you?

here maybe I have to look at my record because I think it is accessing my 1Password record and not the 1Password community record that I think I do not have

It's possible that creating a new Login item from scratch will help, yes :)

• vfreitas
    vfreitas
    Community Member
    edited December 2020
    1. Enter play.google.com/
    2. Select a program to install in a Smartphone
    3. It appears your Google user and ask for password (Image 1)
    4. If you click in the 1Password icon it shows the suggested items (Image 2)
    5. Clicking in the browser extension it shows all the suggested items (Image 3)

As you can see per the images in the Image 2 you see that the gmail account that appears in top is not my default gmail login. And the other suggestions (Image 3) are not related with google.!

Screenshots removed by ag_michaelc

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@vfreitas:

Thank you for the screenshots! What is the value of the website field in this Login item for the account you want to login to? It looks like that specific Login does not have the right URL for google.com included in the 1Password item, and so the browser extension is not showing you that account as an option. If the other Google account you have shows up, make sure there are no differences in the website field of these two login items.

And the other suggestions (Image 3) are not related with google.!

1Password X shows your debit cards, credit cards and identity items by default regardless of the website. It is unrelated to the website being visited (you will see the same behavior on any other website, anytime you open the 1Password X browser extension), this is currently default behavior.

• vfreitas
    vfreitas
    Community Member

All my google emails have the the field "provider's website" with mail.google.com

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@vfreitas – Can you try searching for 'Gmail' in the 1Password X pop-up while you're on the page in Image 2? I wonder if your other items appear at that point. If you're able to screenshot any of the items that appear in the 1Password X pop-up, that may help. Just be sure to blur/block out any personal information before posting on a public forum.

I have one more idea – I wonder if it would make a difference if you changed the website URL inside your Gmail Login items to accounts.google.com rather than mail.google.com. That's generally the URL I'm redirected to when I sign into my own Gmail accounts, so that's what I have in my Login items. The top level domain is still google.com, but I'd be curious if it changes anything for you. I don't have a Google/Android device, so I'm not able to get to the exact page redirect that you mentioned in order to test it out myself. Let me know how it goes!

• vfreitas
    vfreitas
    Community Member
    edited December 2020

If I search for "Gmail", yes, they appear, mainly because the title of all of them is "Gmail XXXXXX". Something is very strange here. The problem was that I had 2 accounts of the gmail that appeared in the suggestions. One that has an icon of the google gmail and another that has the icon of 1password email. All other gmail accounts has the 1password icon. I deleted the record with the gmail icon and now none of the accounts appear in the suggestions (Image 2) and if I search for Gmail the accounst are there (image 1).

Why the difference in Icons of the gmail accounts, the one that I deleted and appear in the suggestions and the others?

Screenshots removed by ag_michaelc

• ag_michaelc
    edited December 2020

Hey @vfreitas. I personally recommend setting the URLs for any Google accounts to https://accounts.google.com, just as Kaitlyn mentioned; I'm not sure what gmailforums.com is, but it does not seem to be an actual Gmail URL. Additionally, I always include the @gmail.com in my username, as this way 1Password X can match the email address shown on the page to the inline menu, suggesting the appropriate match at the top of the list.

I'm also going to delete your screenshots — this is a public forum community, so I don't want you revealing your email address and other info here. :smile: We can always transition to discussing via email, if further screenshots become necessary and it isn't possible to demonstrate the issue while also censoring the screenshots.

• vfreitas
    vfreitas
    Community Member

But why the difference in icons? It appears that the record I deleted with Gmail icon worked and the records with 1Password icons, don't! And how do I create a record with the gmail icon?

Now I think I know why my gmail accounts do not appear. In 1Password X, only the records save as Login appear in suggestions, is that right?

• Different subdomains will sometimes have different rich icons on our server. In this case, mail.google.com has

and accounts.google.com has

Now I think I know why my gmail accounts do not appear. In 1Password X, only the records save as Login appear in suggestions, is that right?

Logins, credit cards, and identities are what show under Suggestions, since these are the only item types that support Autofill. Now that you came to this realization, it all makes sense for me, as well, since earlier you mentioned

All my google emails have the the field "provider's website" with mail.google.com

And provider's website is a field in Email items, not Login items. Moving forward, I suggest saving any and all website logins as Login items — the Email item type isn't as relevant as it once was and is more useful these days if you have a custom email server set up. For a general service like Gmail, a Login item is my suggestion.

• vfreitas
    vfreitas
    Community Member

Can I change the type of record or do I have to create new records for my gmail records?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It isn't possible to change an item from one type to another after the fact, as their templates and data are very different. But you can create a new Login item and add whatever info you need there: username, password, and URL at minimum, though you can add anything else you want as well. Cheers! :)

• vfreitas
    vfreitas
    Community Member

OK, thank you very much for your help. Is there any place where we can submit suggestions to new versions of 1Password?

• @vfreitas

You can do that here too. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.