Vulnerable passwords

Options
nostink
nostink
Community Member

I have found through 1Password that I have over 100 vulnerable passwords. I understand changing each one is very necessary but it will be very tedious and time consuming.

Is there a faster way that I am not aware of, other than doing them one by one?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 1.22.3
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nostink!

I am afraid that doing them one by one is the way to go. I might suggest changing them as you login to those websites: once you do have to login to one of those websites, use the opportunity to change the password, so you don't have to go through all of the 100 at once :)

• nostink
    nostink
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, I figured as much but was hoping there was a way that I was not aware of. I am also finding that quite a few of the websites that are showing as having vulnerable passwords, I no longer use or they show an old no longer used email address.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nostink:

I am also finding that quite a few of the websites that are showing as having vulnerable passwords, I no longer use

Have you considered using a separate "Archive" vault for these logins which you don't use anymore, but you want to still keep around instead of deleting those accounts?

Create and share vaults

or they show an old no longer used email address.

Do these accounts still exist though, even if they are using an email address that you don't use anymore?

• nostink
    nostink
    Community Member
    Options

Quite a few of these still exist, using a no longer existing email. (Am I correct in thinking that if they have a non-working email address, they are no longer vulnerable?)

No, I hadn't thought of archiving the ones I no longer use, but will certainly do so now. Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nostink:

(Am I correct in thinking that if they have a non-working email address, they are no longer vulnerable?)

Even if the email address does not exist anymore, it's usually possible to still login to those accounts. If someone knows your email and password, they will be able to login to those accounts even if they cannot access the email address itself.

• nostink
    nostink
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for that clarification!

• On behalf of Ana, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.