Wrong item count

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Item count within each category not showing up anymore.

Comments

• Guffee
    Guffee
    Community Member
    Options

The item count is missing or incorrect at the top level, and only the top level, of my three categories of tags. All of the sub-levels are correct. This had always been fine, for a long time, until recently.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Guffee!

Can you please clarify what you mean by "at the top level"?

• Guffee
    Guffee
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Ana.

I mean at the outermost level. As when a tag is created that is not "beneath" any other tag, although it may have many other tags "beneath" it. That is probably the wrong terminology. I hope you understand. Another way to look at it is when a user makes his very first tag, then that tag is at the top, or outermost, level.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Guffee:

Thank you for the clarification! Can you post a screenshot of the item count that shows the wrong total?

• Guffee
    Guffee
    Community Member
    Options

Sure! I took a screenshot, but how do I submit an attachment, here?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Guffee:

You can use the little image icon above the text field:

• Guffee
    Guffee
    Community Member
    Options

My "Insert an image" icon isn't working right. It won't pop up the little menu like you show. I am able to drag my screenshot over, but it becomes huge and takes over the screen and I can't get back to this Comment box to forward it to you.

• Guffee
    Guffee
    Community Member
    Options

Wait a minute! Now it's working, after I logged out and back for the 2nd time. Here is my screenshot. You'll notice my "Logins" tag shows no item count (ie, zero) when it should be 397, my "Secure Notes" tags shows an item count of 1 when it should be 66, and my "Passwords" tag shows an item count of 1 when it should be 36.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Guffee:

You'll notice my "Logins" tag shows no item count (ie, zero) when it should be 397, my "Secure Notes" tags shows an item count of 1 when it should be 66, and my "Passwords" tag shows an item count of 1 when it should be 36.

Are all of your items also tagged with those values? The item count in the TAGS section will only update if you manually add, for example, the "Secure Notes" tag to all your secure notes.

• Guffee
    Guffee
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, the items are tagged with the values shown. My tag named "Logins" does actually have 397 tags (items) associated with it, and my "Secure Notes" tag actually has 66 tags associated with it, and finally my "Passwords only (no URL)" tag does have 36 tags associated with it. I'm attaching a screenshot that shows the outer tags expanded. Also, until a few weeks ago the item counts displayed properly; they just disappeared one day.

• Guffee
    Guffee
    Community Member
    Options

Ana, I sent the screenshot showing my expanded main-level tags, showing the incorrect item counts. Do you have further thoughts about it?

• Guffee
    Guffee
    Community Member
    Options

Why hasn't anybody commented further?

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2021
    Options

@Guffee

My apologies we are playing a bit of catch up.

It's likely due to the tags you are using are child tags aka tags that are nested. It looks like your tags are may be along these lines login/a and login/b.

• Guffee
    Guffee
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I am using child tags that are nested. (See the 2nd screenshot I sent you, which you are not displaying here.) What difference should that make? Why are the item counts for these nested tags not displayed at their upper level? If they will not be, it means that the "item count" is unreliable, almost useless. The item count did work beautifully the first few weeks after I installed 1Password 7.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Guffee:

Thank you for the confirmation! I see that there is an internal discussion for our developers about how and if to show item counts with nested tags, so I have just sent them your feedback for future consideration :+1:

ref: apple-5102

This discussion has been closed.