Safari Inline Popup not working

Options
Viridian
Viridian
Community Member

Hi all,

when I click into a login username field, a dropdown popup appears, asking me to log into 1PW. After I do that, the dropdwon shows "no items to show", whether I have selected Suggestions or Logins etc.
The webpage in question has been added to the saved login in 1PW. When I click on the 1PW button in the head bar of Safari, the small 1PW opens up, automatically finds the right login and I can click Autofill and it works.

How do I get the dropdown popup to work? Many thanks and best regards,

Viridian

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: OS 11.0.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Viridian! Welcome to the forum!

What website is this happening with? Can you share the full URL with us so we can test it too?

• zendnez
    zendnez
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, @ag_ana

I came to the support forum to report the same issue that Viridian did. I'm on 1Password 7.7 on a Big Sur machine (Intel). I have the identical issue and it occurs on 100% of websites. Here's a screenshot of Amazon but it's the same everywhere. The 1Password icon is in the Safari window's address bar and, if click it, it shows matching logins and offers "Autofill". Clicking Autofill fills the form.

Safari Prefs show that the 1Password extension is installed and active. The version is 7.7.

Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

Hi @zendnez

The inline menu shows results from the "All Vaults" view. Is it possible the items you're looking for are in a vault that is excluded from that view? You can check in 1Password > Preferences > Vaults > Show in All Vaults.

Please let us know.

Ben

• zendnez
    zendnez
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, @Ben

You're exactly right about what was going on, though I have no idea how my All Vaults setting was set to have no vaults included. I have access to 5 vaults, but I typically just have All Vaults set to show one of them.

I'm still confused, though. The vault I typically have enabled for All Vaults is called "Primary". Even though I see it now checked off in settings, the Safari extension still seems to be displaying entries from only that vault. The search box in that extension even says "Search Primary".

In any case, I've enabled the vault I want to show up in settings and it's now working as expected.

In case it helps explain how I got here, I was running the 7.7 beta on this particular machine before updating to release. I wonder if that upgrade sequence resulted in a settings issue.

Thanks for the quick response and the help. You guys are great!

• Ben
    Options

@zendnez

Glad that helped. :) "Primary" Is a standalone vault which wouldn't be part of your membership. We generally don't recommend the use of such vaults anymore. If you'd like to get that migrated (into your "Personal" vault) you can do so using Help > Tools > Migrate Standalone Vaults to Account after switching your view to the Personal vault.

Ben

• zendnez
    zendnez
    Community Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

@Ben

I'm not sure exactly what you mean here. In my case, "Primary" is a "Families" based vault that began its life in the 1Password cloud. It's a vault that I share with my wife. I'm about as long-time 1Password user as there is - when Families came out, adopted early and migrated everything over. So perhaps "Primary" is a vault name that gets used when people are using standalone but, in my case, it's just a name I picked for a cloud-based vault.

I guess I'll add that my wife and I use our shared Primary vault as the name implies - it's our primary vault. We don't use our personal vaults, so they're disabled in the All view across all of our devices/machines. Primary is the only vault enabled in All and it's always set to be our default vault for saving.

Does that change anything about what you think was going on for me?

Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

@zendnez

Okay... I think I see. Just a bit confusing as the default standalone vault in 1Password is also named "Primary." So it's a bit of a trigger word. Just to confirm... in 1Password for Mac under Preferences > Advanced is this checkbox checked?

Ben

• zendnez
    zendnez
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben asked :

Just to confirm... in 1Password for Mac under Preferences > Advanced is this checkbox checked?

Heck no. I'm all in on the cloud and have been since the day Families shipped and I said goodbye to cables, wifi sync, DropBox, OneDrive and the rest. That checkbox is not checked and has never been. :) When Families shipped and I wanted to create a vault my wife could share, I came up with the name "Primary", created and shared a vault with that name, and that's what we've used since.

• Ben
    Options

Haha! Okay, excellent. Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that's the case. As for the situation with All Vaults... the only way I'm aware of what is included there changing is through those checkboxes. The preference doesn't sync, so I think we have to chalk that up to either not remembering making the change or clicking those checkboxes unintentionally.

Ben

• Viridian
    Viridian
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben,

many thanks, enabling Show All Vaults solved the issue! Many thanks and best regards,

Viridian

• On behalf of Ben, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.