1PW BLOCKS copy/paste into COSTCO’s PW update field

Options
ACDCHNL
ACDCHNL
Community Member
edited December 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

1PW will NOT permit me to paste a PW of my choice into COSTCO’s password field. I first login to COSTCO’s webpage via Safari and open COSTCO’s PW update window. It wants my current PW and a new PW. I fill in my current PW on COSTCO’s page and then return to my 1PW COSTCO login item and generate a new password. I copy this generated PW to the text area of my 1PW COSTCO login item, so I have a protected saved copy. I then go back to the COSTCO’s PW update page on Safari and attempt to paste in my new PW. I can’t paste this new PW in because I’m now BLOCKED by 1PW. Instead 1PW wants me to use a PW generated by 1PW that I DO NOT WANT TO USE! I want to control my own PW (numbers, letters, caps, lowercase, symbol, length).

Big Sur MacOS 11.0.1; 1Password 7.7 (70700015); Safari Version 14.0.1 (16610.2.11.51.8); iCloud; MacBook Pro 2020

1Password Version: Password 7.7 (70700015)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Big Sur MacOS 11.0.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Big Sur Copy Paste PW blocked by 1PW

Comments

• ACDCHNL
    ACDCHNL
    Community Member
    Options

Update. Sync Type Is Agilebits cloud with 1PW 7. This is getting serious. I can't change any passwords now because of 1PW gumming up the update.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ACDCHNL!

Is this happening just on this website, or do you see the same behavior on every website?

This discussion has been closed.