Setting to prevent 1Password from saving credit card info

Options

Whenever I need to fill in credit card information, Safari does most of it but leaves the CVV code blank. 1Password always wants to save the code. I do not want 1Password to save any credit card info, especially that code. Where is the switch to turn that function off? Thanks.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.7 (70700016) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: OSX 11.0.1 (20B29)
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @S13! 👋

When you say that 1Password wants to save the CVV, are you referring to a Save in 1Password option underneath the field, or does 1Password pop up asking you to save a new Login? If the latter, I wonder if you'd be able to provide the website URL for me so I can test it out on my end.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Kaitlyn, I am referring to the first choice you mention, a Save in 1Password option underneath the field. 1Password would already be active from the login process.

• Hey @S13. It is not possible to turn that specific prompt off without turning off more functionality altogether, namely whether the inline menu shows on field focus:

You can adjust this setting under 1Password > Preferences > Browsers. Personally I'd recommend saving the card to 1Password so that everything is all in one place and the security code can be autofilled, but if you'd rather not do so for personal reasons, that's certainly an option and the workaround I might suggest. :smile:

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again ag_michaelc, I understand how that would work. I will need to give your suggestion some deep thought. Thanks for the speedy reply. Steve. 8-)

• @S13

On behalf of MichaelC, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.