Stand alone?

Options
c12mec
c12mec
Community Member

I have been using 1Password for some time now and Identity Guard recognized it as a security threat. Is there a way to use 1password as a stand alone and locally sync my macbook to my iphone, etc.? Or is the threat minimal?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2020
    Options

@c12mec

I suspect Identity Guard is flagging us as a false positive. It may be best to reach out to them directly. They may already be aware. But every report helps.

• c12mec
    c12mec
    Community Member
    Options

I think it's an issue with so much private information stored on the cloud with one password. That's why I was asking about a stand alone option with local sync.

• @c12mec

If you are using one of our memberships, there is no local sync option. Regarding standalone vaults and syncing, the WLAN server in 1Password is complex and depends on many factors, including your network environment and software configuration. Membership is the best way forward.
    I'm afraid I do not know exactly how Identity Guard works. It's not something I make use of.

• c12mec
    c12mec
    Community Member
    Options

I think identity guard just sees the personal information stored on the cloud and flags it as a potential problem.

This discussion has been closed.