New user/install: not seeing ANY 1Password autofill icon in browser input fields

ehahn9
ehahn9
Community Member

Hi! Coming from Dashlane which places its autofill icon in browser fields. I believe 1Password does that same, but no love for me :-(. Tried Chrome extension, Firefox extension, etc. - all missing. The mac app is installed and working fine. The browser plugin is also installed and does appear as an installed extension (interestingly: the icon is solid black, not blue+black like in the videos I've seen... related?).

I can "manually" copy passwords of course, and I can use the browser plug-in's "Autofill" blue button to complete inputs, but that's super tedious - I need the autofill icon to be present in the input/password fields themselves.

Alas, without this, I can't finish moving my family over :-(

Any help appreciated!

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 11.0.01
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:no icon

Comments

• @ehahn9

You have the companion app extension installed version per your post. To get the inline buttons, please try 1Password X, our newest extension. Please make sure you remove or disable the companion app extension in your browser before installing 1Password X. You can get the download here.

With 1Password X, you should see the browser icon change its color just as you mentioned.

Let us know what you think.

• ehahn9
    ehahn9
    Community Member

Perfect!! 1PasswordX has the icon perfectly! I'll resume switching over! Thanks for the incredibly helpful & prompt support! That means a lot!

BTW, if. you click on the "browser extensions" link on the 1Password site, the HTML anchor takes you to the companion plugin downloads with the 1Password X downloads scrolled offscreen - so I never even saw those! Might be helpful for us newbies to have the anchor point to the X plugins? Just a suggestion for others -- I'm 100% up and running.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the suggestion @ehahn9! And on behalf of ag_tommy, you are welcome :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.