I need to "please unlock 1password from the toolbar icon" instead of unlock it with <CTRL><SHIFT>-x

Options

Hi, for some reason I had to re-install the 1Passwprd-X extension for my Edge browser. All is working now again , except : earlier, after starting a new instance of my Edge-browser, I could unlock 1password-x by hitting -x.

But now, when I have to unlock 1Password-x, I get the message "please unlock 1password from the toolbar icon". When I hit -x, nothing happens. I do not understand this change in behavior.

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: 1.22.3
OS Version: WIN10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @eocula!

Does the message disappear after you have unlocked it from the toolbar icon once?

• eocula
    eocula
    Community Member
    Options

Well. When I login to 1Password-x through the icon on the toolbar, I can continue using 1Password-x on next logins to websites. But when I'm closing my browser and launch it again, I again have to go to click on the toolbar to login to 1Password-x, instead of having the possibility to login to 1Password-x with -x

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@eocula – Can you do me a favor and try setting the 1Password X keyboard shortcut to something other than Ctrl + Shift + X, like Ctrl + Shift + H, for example (I checked Edge's keyboard shortcuts, and that one doesn't seem to be taken already). To change the 1Password X keyboard shortcut, right click on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar, then select Settings. Scroll down a bit, and click the "Change on the Extensions page" link. Go ahead and test it out with that new shortcut, and let me know if you have any better luck. If it does work, try changing the keyboard shortcut back to Ctrl + Shift + X. I'm hoping that's enough to reset things for you.

• eocula
    eocula
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, you question to change the keyboard shortcut helped me. What I did:

1. I changed the shortcut to --h
    2. Restarted the Edge-browser
    3. I was able to unlock 1Password-x with --h
    4. Change the shortcut to --x again
    5. Restarted the Edge-browser
    6. I was again able to unlock 1Password-x with --x :)

So all ok again.

Many thanks for your help

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We're glad to hear re-setting the shortcut in the settings helped @eocula ! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.