Migrate from 1Password to iCloud Keychain

Options
santaclaes
santaclaes
Community Member
edited December 2020 in Mac

I exhausted Google trying to find a solution on how to migrate from 1Password to iCloud Keychain. I will keep using 1Password because it is way more useful but I need to know how to migrate all passwords to iCloud Keychain. I can only find a way to export the passwords to a *.1pif file wich is useless trying to import it to Keychain. There must be a way to do this?

1Password Version: 7.7 (70700016)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Big Sur 11.0.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @santaclaes! Welcome to the forum!

You can also export in CSV format if you prefer, which is a format that works everywhere, and not just with 1Password. Having said this, I don't know if Keychain actually allows you to import data into it. Perhaps this is a question better addressed to Apple, as their knowledge of Keychain is certainly better than mine :)

• santaclaes
    santaclaes
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thank you and thanks for your reply.
    An export as CSV format would do just fine but the only option that is selectable is *.1pif. It seems to be a roll down select menu by the looks of it but nothing happens when I click it.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@santaclaes

It's a bug.

To work around the issue, click the little down arrow pulldown control at the end of the Plats row and then you should be able to get all the options in the Format pulldown.

This discussion has been closed.