Fill login not working on Slate.com

benmattison
benmattison
Community Member

Not sure when this started, but as of today, I can't get 1Password to fill username and password on Slate.com, on any computer and in Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. When I type the Fill Login keyboard shortcut, nothing happens. If I click on 1Password in the browser toolbar, it shows the Slate login but nothing happens when I click on it. Same thing if I click on the inline tool in Safari. Something keeping 1Password from recognizing the fields?

1Password Version: 7/7
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90 (in Chrome)
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2020

Hi @benmattison!

Thank you for reporting this! I was able to reproduce this issue on my machine, so I will open an internal issue so that the developers can look at this :)

ref: dev/core/core#3885

• benmattison
    benmattison
    Community Member

Just updating this to say that autofill still doesn't work on slate.com in 7.8

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That's right @benmattison, the fix has not made it into the latest update.

• hhollick
    hhollick
    Community Member

Still not working as of vision 7.8.1.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @hhollick ,

Can you please try our latest beta version, alongside creating a new login on this website and see if it works properly?
    You can get the latest 1Password beta here: https://support.1password.com/betas/

If you'd like to go back to stable afterwards, simply download and install the stable version: https://1password.com/downloads/

• hhollick
    hhollick
    Community Member

I installed 7.8.2.BETA-0 (build #70802000). No luck. It still will not populate the ID and password fields at slate.com

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @hhollick ,

Just to make sure we're on the same page, I made a video recording showing one of my tests on this website: http://recordit.co/afWUUNj9iH

I tested it in Chrome and Safari, both of which autofill the page correctly.
    If things still don't work for you, please try disabling any and all other extensions in the browser except for 1Password and see if that helps.

• bjtalerico
    bjtalerico
    Community Member

Doesn't fill in for Airbnb, either.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2021

Hey @bjtalerico ,

Every website can have its own autofilling issues so it is best to open a new discussion of your own :)
    Before you do that, please try saving a brand new login for it by deleting the one you already have from 1Password, then type in your username and password manually in Airbnb's website and save it as a new login, then check if the new login works properly.

• benmattison
    benmattison
    Community Member

@ag_yaron @hhollick Original poster here. When I followed the steps in the video, it worked for me. After deleting the existing login, I saved it with the beta extension in Chrome. It now works in both Chrome and Safari. Thanks!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

I'm very glad to hear it @benmattison :+1:

• hhollick
    hhollick
    Community Member

Deleting the old logins and creating a new one did the trick on slate.com!!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the confirmation @hhollick :)

This discussion has been closed.