Comments on 1Password 7.7 update

Options
dogolaca
dogolaca
Community Member

Appreciate the changes to the interface. I like having the button for password showing up right at the Username/Password box.

I have a couple of wishlist items for future development.

1. When the "mini" window shows up on a browser, there is a margin at the top. I've thought this would be a good location for a "toolbar" to choose what I now select from the drop down menu: Credit Cards or Identities, or the others. Even better would be to have an AI agent made suggestions -- the webpage contents suggest whether I need an identity or a credit card or a login, and my past behavior suggests what my most frequently used 1Password items are.
  2. I know this is Apple's control, but it would be great to have Apple Watch integration, so that I don't even have to remember my 1Password password!

And one sorta bug report
1. On the iPad version, the browser can't fill in the password for the site chase.com.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dogolaca!

When the "mini" window shows up on a browser, there is a margin at the top. I've thought this would be a good location for a "toolbar" to choose what I now select from the drop down menu: Credit Cards or Identities, or the others.

To make sure we are on the same page: can you please post a screenshot of the margin you are referring to?

I know this is Apple's control, but it would be great to have Apple Watch integration, so that I don't even have to remember my 1Password password!

We have it :)

Use your Apple Watch to unlock 1Password on your Mac

It's very important that you never forget your Master Password however: no matter if you unlock 1Password with Touch ID, Face ID or Apple Watch, you still need to remember your Master Password, as that is what protects your data. You will also be prompted for your Master Password every now and then regardless of your unlock settings, so please don't forget it :)

• dogolaca
    dogolaca
    Community Member
    Options

Above is the screenshot with the "margin" area circled.

Re: Apple Watch. Great to hear it's on. But my Mac is too old (2013) to use it. I'm holding out for Apple Silicon iMac.

Best regards.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dogolaca:

Understood, thank you for the screenshot! By default 1Password mini is quite a bit more "mini" than in your screenshot:

So adding a new menu in the middle there would not work out of the box for every user. But it's certainly something we can keep in mind for the future :+1:

This discussion has been closed.