CarolynSell
CarolynSell
Community Member

my 1pass won't autofill on my mac since the latest upload

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:my 1pass won't autofill on my mac since the latest upload

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @CarolynSell! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please give us some more information about your system?

• 1Password app version
    • 1Password extension version
    • The browser and browser version that you are using
    • Your operating system version

Thank you!

• Chrysippus
    Chrysippus
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having what I suspect is the same problem since the update to 7.7, extension version 4.7.5.90. I have 1Password in the menu bar at the top, but clicking on it does nothing; so I have to open the app manually... meaning it doesn't open automatically to the site I want to get into.
    I am still using Catalina 10.15.7 (MacBook Pro 2017), having been warned not to move to Big Sur for other reasons. I use Firefox 83.0 (up to date).

• @Chrysippus

Have you given 1Password and your browser a complete quit? Please try these steps and let me know how it goes.

1. Quit your browser completely.

2. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click on the helper and select quit 1Password completely. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder.

• Chrysippus
    Chrysippus
    Community Member
    Options

Dear Tommy, That seems to have worked—or a version of it, I use a Mac so 'right-clicking' isn't an option. I quit Firefox, signed into 1Password, then clicked on the icon in the menu bar. It became active, and it seems to have stayed active now the browser is open again. Thanks for your help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Chrysippus:

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear that the suggestion helped :)

I use a Mac so 'right-clicking' isn't an option.

Out of curiosity, why is right-clicking not an option? I am also on a Mac and I am able to right click. You can also "alt-click" if for some reason that was not working for you.

• Chrysippus
    Chrysippus
    Community Member
    Options

There's no right-click on a laptop. Alt-click is possible but apparently it didn't work for this purpose.

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

@Chrysippus You can find this in System Preferences >Trackpad thusly.

• @vplewis

Thanks for sharing you learn something new each day. I use the two finger click and have for as long as I can remember.

• @Chrysippus

I am glad you found your answer. Please let us know if you have any questions. :)

• Chrysippus
    Chrysippus
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I didn't realise the two-finger click was the same as right click. I've never used anything but a Mac, not since 1985.

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2020
    Options

@Chrysippus

No worries. The learning potential in this community is great. I learned vast things from my fellow users over the years. Tips and tricks for using 1Password, excellent suggestions for other apps, you name it. The community never fails to impress me. I came here over a decade ago now. It seems just like yesterday.

Stop by at any time and strike up a conversation. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.