How to disable fill verification.

Options

Since the upgrade, 1password pops up a verification to auto fill. How can I disable this feature?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7
OS Version: 11.0.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:disable page fill

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dzaring!

Can you please post a screenshot of this verification request? Thank you!

• dzaring
    dzaring
    Community Member
    Options

• dzaring
    dzaring
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not sure if this started with the Catalina upgrade or the latest 1password upgrade. They were both about the same time.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dzaring:

Thank you for the screenshot. If you open this Login item in the 1Password app, what is the value of the website field in it?

• dzaring
    dzaring
    Community Member
    Options

The web url for this site is https://www.gigaparts.com

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @dzaring ,
    The screenshot you put up here shows 1Password's safety prompt when you try to autofill an identity item or a credit card, not a login item.
    Is that correct?

If so - that's a new security mechanism that was designed to prevent users from autofilling their personal information and credit cards into phishing websites, which is why it requires your verification before autofilling.

• dzaring
    dzaring
    Community Member
    Options

This is an identity item. I have seen it with login. How can I disable it? It's not needed because I asked for it to be filled out.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dzaring:

Thank you for the confirmation! If I am not mistaken, at the moment there is no way to disable this security mechanism I am afraid.

• dzaring
    dzaring
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for this information. I would like to make a formal request that this be removed from the product or at least be allowed to disable it. It seems to me to be redundant for two reason. First, I asked for this to be filled out. Second, I have to click submit on the web page before it's sent.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the feedback @dzaring, noted :+1:

• _patrick
    _patrick
    Community Member
    Options

Any ETA on when we can disable this? I use 1Password for checkouts on websites that often have extremely limited quantities of items and checkouts need to be FAST. This has screwed me up twice now.

• alanshutko
    alanshutko
    Community Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

I also agree that this is unfortunate. It makes the inline menu in Safari less appealing than using the keystroke as I did with previous versions. In fact, the popup has me considering disabling the inline menu completely.

Edit: I just realized it's not just the inline menu. Unhappy.

• Hello @_patrick,

I am sorry to say that we still don't have an update on this. That being said, if the popup interrupts your workflow, I suggest you try another browser such as Chrome or Brave and use 1Password to fill identity and credit card items. It is not ideal if you want to stay with Safari, but it should help in your case.

• _patrick
    _patrick
    Community Member
    Options

@nhat_1P Okay I'll give Chrome a shot next. So is this a 1P alert box? Or is this something that Safari is doing? I don't want to move all of my stuff over to Chrome to work around this and find that 1P ships this confirmation box in a Chrome extension update.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2020
    Options

If you use 1Password X in Chrome, the same popup verification will show up as this is a part of our security model.

If you use the old companion extension in Chrome (that works with the keyboard shortcut) it will not show the popup verification.

However, the future of 1Password is definitely 1Password X and the Safari inline menu, so I recommend sticking to one of them. This security method was designed to prevent websites from clickjacking your credit cards and identity info from the inline menu, which is important.

When you autofill an identity/credit card, you can quickly dismiss the popup by hitting Enter, which is quicker than using the mouse for experienced users.

I hope you’ll find this helpful.

• Hello @_patrick,

In addition to what Yaron said, I want to add that you can use 1Password X on Chrome and use the 1Password X icon on the browser's toolbar to fill your identity and credit card items instead of the inline menu, and you should not see the popup.

• _patrick
    _patrick
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_yaron @nhat_1P Gotcha. Didn't realize that clickjacking was a concern with the new inline stuff. If that's the case, can you make it so that I don't get the confirmation pop up when I click the button from the toolbar (basically the old behavior). Alternatively, it would be nice if I could opt to turn that confirmation box off for certain websites. I appreciate what you're doing from a security standpoint but I do also need 1Password to be lightening fast, especially when milliseconds count.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @_patrick ,

Thanks for understanding and supporting us on the matter, much appreciated!
    As Nhat mentioned, if you autofill an identity/credit card item from the 1Password X extension icon on the top right corner of your browser, the popup will not show up, but that is currently only available in 1Password X.

You can test it here if you'd like: https://fill.dev/form/identity-simple
    We'll keep improving and enhancing 1Password's abilities and behavior as we get more feedback and reports from users, so thanks for sharing this feedback here with us!

This discussion has been closed.