1Password 7.7 on macOS is displaying autofill suggestions from all vaults in Safari 14.0.1

Options
dmittman
dmittman
Community Member

I have two vaults in 1Password 7.7: one vault is the primary vault that I sync between my devices via Dropbox, and the second vault is for information I share with my wife, also synced through Dropbox, and shared with her via Dropbox. This system has been working really well for me until I upgraded to 1Pasword 7.7. Now, when auto-filling fields in Safari 14.0.1 in macOS 10.14.6, the menu of auto-fill suggestions that appears below the input field contains suggestions from both vaults. The auto-fill doesn't seem to be following the preference in other places where I've selected that only the primary vault be displayed. I looked for a 1Password mini preference that I missed but didn't find one, so I'm assuming this is either the intended behavior or the new Safari extension just hasn't been set up to follow the preference yet. I'm hoping it's the latter, because if this is the intended behavior, then I'm going to see duplicate suggestions in some auto-fill situations where I've copied a 1Password item to my wife's vault.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 7.7 on macOS is displaying autofill suggestions from all vaults in Safari 14.0.1

Comments

• @dmittman

If you deselect some of your vaults in "Show in All Vaults" -- 1Password > Preferences > Vaults, does this help? If I remove the desired vault from view, it does not show up in the inline menu. I can still access that vault (if needed) by opening the 1Password application and selecting the desired vault.

• dmittman
    dmittman
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @ag_tommy, that solves the issue I was seeing. It makes some sense that deselecting the secondary vault in 1Password > Preferences > Vaults would cause its contents to not appear in the auto-fill context. However, 1Password mini has its own way of selecting vaults, but the 1Password menu in the auto-fill doesn't have vaults as a preference, so I think "mentally" tracing it to the 1Password app preferences (why not a 1Password mini preference?) wasn't something I did successfully. Anyway, since I don't use the ability to view "all vaults" in 1Password (I only switch between viewing one or the other of my two vaults), I don't think I'm losing any value by unchecking that secondary vault — and gaining a lot of value by not seeing duplicate entries in auto-fill!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @dmittman! I am glad to hear that ag_tommy's suggestion helped :) If you have any other questions or suggestions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

This discussion has been closed.