How do I get all iCloud Keychain info into 1pwd and then sync across devices?

Options
loelstein
loelstein
Community Member

-I recently purchased 1Password7 for on my MacBook Pro

-I have 4 devices in total. 2 MacBook Pro's, one iPhone11Promax, and one iPad Air. All 4 of which I would like to sync 1pwd across.

-I have roughly 600 passwords saved in iCloud Keychain ranging from; Internet passwords, app pwds, web form pwds,

-My Primary Goal (1 of 3) is very simply to get all passwords exported from iCloud Keychain and get them into 1password. Once they are in 1PWD I want to sync across all 4 devices.

-My Secondary goal (2 of 3) is to do the same with all of my Chrome Passwords.

-My Final goal (3 of 3) is to find a way to easily update/change the 300+ existing unsecure passwords I have saved in icloud keychain and in chrome that that have been flagged and identified as having appeared in a data breach.

How do I do this?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 4.7
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: ICLOUD
Referrer: forum-search:iCloud keychain

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @loelstein ,

You can use the converter suite to get your iCloud Keychain and Chrome passwords. Follow the directions on the post.

For Safari (iCloud Keychain) passwords, use the Get_Safari12_Passwords script provided. See the ConvertSafariPasswords.mp4 video under the Extra Help > Videos area where you download the converter suite. It will show you how it works, and what to expect. Let the script run to completion before you use the Mac (it won't take very long).

As for your third question, you'll have to run through your imported password entries in 1Password and make changes one site at a time. The insecure / breached passwords will be listed in 1Password's WatchTower area. If you don't mind, perhaps re-ask this question in a new thread if you need additional assistance on this part (since it's unrelated to conversion and import). It will keep the thread discussion easier to follow.

This discussion has been closed.