Stop 1Password entering log in data on a per site basis?

Options
mikebore
mikebore
Community Member
edited December 2020 in Mac

Is it possible to stop 1Password entering log in data on a per site basis. ?

I have Safari autofilling passwords as well as 1P and sometimes the result is confusing. I know I can prevent Safari autofilling, but how do I stop 1Password? I know turning off "always keep extension helper running" but that turns it off for all sites.

There is one particular site I visit a lot where this is particularly bad. In the screenshot below I have tried clicking "hide on this page" but it happens next time.

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.7.1 b3
Extension Version: 7.7.1 b3
OS Version: macOS11
Sync Type: sub

Comments

• @mikebore

Clicking hide on this page will disableAutoFill suggestions until the browser is restarted or you opt to right-click and select show 1Password. You can disable the inline menu entirely, which will cause 1Password to function just as it did before the inline menu.

1Password > Preferences > Browsers > (disable) Show inline menu.

A third option (which seems to have a bug) is 1Password > Preferences > Browsers > (disable) Automatically Show inline menu. This should disable the pop up until you click the 1Password button. From another thread, it looks like there is a bug, and you must click the button once on the site to hide the pop up after disabling it.

• mikebore
    mikebore
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks very much Tommy. I will experiment with those.

• :chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.