Filter out "internal" addresses from Watchtower?

In looking at my 1P account (Business) I have about 500 items, but around 100-150 of them are what I consider "internal" logins - ie, generally just an IP address for routers, PCs, switches, other network devices etc, many of which in any given network, have the same pw and some are pretty basic if they are already well-secured (mostly to keep peoples' kids and guests out). Is there a way of marking these as "ignore" for Watchtower purposes? Or, I guess, a way to tag them and then apply Watchtower only to those not so tagged? Also quite a number are http:// sites so show as "unsecured" when they are, in fact, already in a secure internal environment.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Ziggy_Stahdust!

For the unsecured websites, you can apply the http tag to override the Watchtower warning. There is currently no way to manually exclude other items from Watchtower, but I will pass your feedback to the developers :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#130

• Ziggy_Stahdust
    Ziggy_Stahdust
    Community Member

OK - thanks! I guess it's more of a "cosmetic" thing...I just like to see super-good numbers LOL and when these are baked in, well, it looks....terrible! (FWIW, your main competitor did the same thing, except they produced a score and that always looked low.)

I did think about having a totally separate account that is only internal stuff, which I'd then ignore for these purposes.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Ziggy_Stahdust:

About the score: our latest beta of 1Password for Linux has a security score too, in case this is what you were referring to ;)

• Ziggy_Stahdust
    Ziggy_Stahdust
    Community Member

Haven't installed it on my Linux box yet...that's coming soon - looking to try that out!

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

@Ziggy_Stahdust Great! If you have any feedback about the beta Linux client when you try it out, please do share it over in our Linux Beta category - the folks there are very happy to receive all feedback during the development of this new 1Password app :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.